Solved

Building a new report- joining tables

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey all! I’m building a new version of the Batch Packing Slip report, and in order to make it do what I need, I need to add the SOOrder, SOLine and SOLineSplit tables. However- once I added them, it caused the report to loop line items thousands upon thousands of times.

How do I fix this? I’ve attached the report.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 8 March 2023, 18:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! The only way to get around this is to use a subreport.

In the subreport use the SOShipLineSplit and send the Order Type and Order Number as collection parameters.

Then in the subreport either in the Details section or a groupfooter section add the SOShipLineSplit fields

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! The only way to get around this is to use a subreport.

In the subreport use the SOShipLineSplit and send the Order Type and Order Number as collection parameters.

Then in the subreport either in the Details section or a groupfooter section add the SOShipLineSplit fields

@BenjaminCrisman I don’t understand how to use subreports. They don’t make any sense to me.

There’s no way to join these tables? I don’t understand why that would be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 I was in the same boat when I first started trying to tackle them! They are just a report running within a report, but the only way the subreport can get data is from what is sent to it via the main report.

For this issue I would add a subreport and set a collection parameter called ShipmentNbr and use SOShipment.ShipmentNbr as the value:

Create a new report and add the SOShipLineSplit table in there, set a parameter for shipment number and a filter condition where SOShipLineSplit.ShipmentNbr = @ShipmentNbr

Then put your fields into the Details or groupFooter section and update the main report with the name you’ve given the subreport:

You can then remove the SOShipLineSplit fields from the section they print in and it should work as expected

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved