Question

Biz Event to update Biz A/c Class same as Customer Class

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello all

I have been working on a biz event to update the biz account class same as that of Customer Class, for the same customer ID.

I tried to create an Action execution, but the biz event doesn’t seem to be running. What am i missing here?
Attached is the xml file of the biz event

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

I loaded your business event, but couldn’t see what action you are calling, probably because I don’t have your custom GI.

Another idea would be to use an Import Scenario as the subscriber.  When you create the import scenario subscriber from the business event, the data source for the import scenario will be all of the fields in your GI. 

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita ,

I loaded your business event, but couldn’t see what action you are calling, probably because I don’t have your custom GI.

Another idea would be to use an Import Scenario as the subscriber.  When you create the import scenario subscriber from the business event, the data source for the import scenario will be all of the fields in your GI. 

Laura

Hello @lauraj46 ,

The custom GI just cintains customer id, customer class, Business account id & Busines class id. 

So if my business account class id doesnt match up with the customer class id, since both my customer id and business account id have the same identifiers, the biz event should then update the business class id to that of customer class id.

For import scenario , i am getting confused as to how i can map the elements in there?

Also to mention the biz event might be run twice a month or less/more than that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita,

On the business event, select the screen name that corresponds to your GI.  Then click the “Create Subscriber” and choose Import Scenario.  On the import scenario you will have access to all of the fields that are in your GI.  You can set the Business Event to trigger when a new record is added to the GI.  

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @lauraj46 ,

this is what I tried, since I want the system to modify the Business Account Class by pulling in the Customer Class, I created the below trigger condition & import scenario:

What is it that I am missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

Instead of New Field Value, try Record Inserted as the trigger condition.  The class condition is in the GI, so when a business account meets this condition the business account will be added to the GI and the import scenario should fire.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita ,

Instead of New Field Value, try Record Inserted as the trigger condition.  The class condition is in the GI, so when a business account meets this condition the business account will be added to the GI and the import scenario should fire.

Laura

Hello @lauraj46 ,

Attached is the XMl format of GI. And using this GI i have created the business event.

I am currently using Sales Demo snapshot.

As you could see in the below screenshot of GI both Biz Account class & customer class are different.

Now with the help of business event I want to modify/update the Biz Account class same as that of Customer Class.

I changed the trigger condition as you suggested, but still it didnt fire the biz event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @lauraj46 ,

i got it running to a bit extent. 

So whenever a new line is inserted then only the biz event is fired. But it doesn’t fired for the existing records.

And then it throws the following error:

The import scenario:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

In your import scenario try setting the Class instead of Business Account --> Class.

To update existing records you can create a similar import scenario that uses a data provider based on your GI.  Depending on your requirements, you could just run the new import scenario on a schedule in which case you would not need the BE at all.  First get the import scenario working, and then there are several options to automate!

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hello @lauraj46 ,

Thank you for such an immense support. Also one last ques,

what if there’s a change in the customer class in the already existing records, like the customer class record is modified for the already existing ones, then the biz event should be capable to modify the business account class as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

Yes, that is correct.

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita ,

Yes, that is correct.

Laura 

I meant in that case what shall be the trigger condition?😅
I tried the following conditions and tried to modify one of the customer classes but it didnt work out:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

If your GI selects only the records that need update, then Record Inserted should do it.  See the GI that I attached earlier in this thread.

Hope that helps!

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @lauraj46 ,

So as per the XML files you shared,

I went thru this & I assume that the import scenario would update the customer class to same as that of the Customer ID?

Please correct me if I am wrong. i tried to run it but the biz event didnt trigger anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harshita ,

Correct.  If the AcctID was equal to the ClassID before and changed to not equal then the event should trigger.  

Laura 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved