Solved

Adding Lot/Serial Number to AR Invoice AR641000 using IIF()

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I would like to add the Lot/Serial Number to AR Invoice AR641000 using an IIF()

Reason for using the IIF() is because I want to add a line break and ‘Serial Number: ‘ only if the the line item has a Lot/Serial Number. But it’s showing the (False) value regardless of if the item has a serial number allocated or not.

iif([ARTran.LotSerialNbr]=null, '', '{br}' + 'Serial Number: '+[ARTran.LotSerialNbr])

I’m not sure what is the problem. It’s like it thinks the line has a serial number even when it does not.

I am pretty sure the [ARTran.LotSerialNbr] is correct because when testing it added the correct serial number.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by kdavis45 18 April 2023, 01:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Acumatica typically treats these fields as blank, rather than null - it’s an important distinction for these types of formulas.

• Iif([ARTran.LotSerialNbr]=’’,’’,’{br}’ + ‘Serial Number: ‘ + [ARTran.LotSerialNbr])

If/when I’m unsure, I err on the side of caution and include both.

• Iif(([ARTran.LotSerialNbr]=’’ or [ARTran.LotSerialNbr]=null),’’,’{br}’ + ‘Serial Number: ‘ + [ARTran.LotSerialNbr])
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kdavis45 that worked, thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved