Solved

Adding an Attribute to a Grouping in a Generic Inquiry

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

It seems that the attributes I’ve created are not listed in the Schema and Data field drop down list when selecting a field to do a Group by in the Grouping tab. 

We’re able to pull in the attribute field to the Results Grid, but just not the Grouping tab. I also tried hardcoding that field name in there but got an error. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 4 March 2024, 23:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If wanting to group by attributes have you considered joining the CSAnswers table?  That would allow the field to exist in the core data set and not function as a virtual field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @lawsont 

In your join conditions set the AttributeID equals =’ATTRBID’

Where ATTRBID is the attribute’s ID. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge

I haven’t. Just added it, but I don’t get any of the actual attributes. How do I define which attribute I want grouped?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Robert Sternberg I feel like I’m close, but I need another hint! How do I actually dictate which attribute I want to group? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved