Solved

Acumatica-LotSerialNbrAttribute-2023R1-ONWARD - Using Attributes as Parameters

• 30 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Before the recent update and enhancements for 2023 R1/R2 to Acumatica-LotSerialNbrAttribute-2023R1-ONWARD I was able to use LotSerialNbrAttributes as parameters in a GI and Report. There have been some table updates, we followed the instructions and updated the DAC with an SQL script and published the new customization package. We updated the tables, relationships, and fields in our custom GIs and reports that reference these tables. However, I receive and error when trying to use Attributes from the tables as parameters, with the previous version we did not have this problem. If I try to use one of the lot serial number attributes as a parameter it says it cannot find the field. Yet, if I deactivate the parameter and conditions for the field and only list the attributes in the results, it find the fields no problem.

Example, INItemLotSerialInfo.SERIES_Attributes

https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-LotSerialNbrAttribute-2023R1-ONWARD/issues/4

Has anyone found a solution for this?

xml file attached - I had to deactivate my parameters and conditions for attributes for the GI to continue working.

icon

Best answer by Dhiren Chhapgar 4 April 2024, 19:50

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Update - quick work around is to add these attributes as quick filters, but our goal is to have them as parameters in the header using their schema.

Trace Error

Error: A field with the name INItemLotSerialInfo.MODEL_Attributes cannot be found.

at PX.Data.Description.GI.PXDesignedQueryProvider.FillTableAndDataField(PXParameter par, PXQueryDescription descr, String fieldName)
   at PX.Data.Description.GI.PXDesignedQueryProvider.CollectParameters(PXQueryDescription descr)
   at PX.Data.Description.GI.PXDesignedQueryProvider.FillDescription(PXQueryDescription descr)
   at PX.Data.Description.GI.PXQueryDescription.Create(IGenericQueryProvider prov)
   at PX.Data.PXGenericInqGrph.get_BaseQueryDescription()
   at PX.Data.PXGenericInqGrph.CollectDescriptionFields()
   at PX.Data.PXGenericInqGrph.PrepareCaches(GIDescription def, Dictionary`2 parameters)
   at PX.Data.PXGenericInqGrph.PrepareCaches(String id, String name, Dictionary`2 parameters, Boolean fetchSchema)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXGenericDataSource.InstantiateDataGraph(Type type)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.CreateDataGraphAsSingleton(Type type)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.CreateDataGraph(Type type)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXBaseDataSource.get_DataGraph()
   at PX.Web.UI.PXGrid.<>c.<RenderToolsRow>b__1115_0(PXDataSource ds)
   at PX.Common.Tools.With[TInput,TResult](TInput o, Func`2 evaluator)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXGrid.RenderToolsRow(Boolean top)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXGrid.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.get_Controls()
   at PX.Web.UI.PXSmartPanel.CollectInnerControls(ControlCollection controls, Boolean load, Boolean collectUpdatable)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXSmartPanel.CollectInnerControls(Boolean load)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXSmartPanel.SetBindingState(Boolean load)
   at PX.Web.UI.PXSmartPanel.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Update, INItemLotSerialInfo.SAMPLE_Attributes do work as parameters for reports. I don’t understand why they are not working as parameters/conditions with Generic Inquiry.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have the exact issue.  Would like to understand what changed.  I wonder if the script to update the table/DAC names was not complete enough to fully convert the old table/DAC to the new name in all areas of the database?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Reported issue was resolved in last released package on March 22 2024.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Dhiren Chhapgar are you referring to Acumatica 2024 R1 (24.100.0139 or higher) 2024 R1 Deployment Package?

We are on Acumatica 2023 R2 (23.200.0136 or higher) 2023 R2 Deployment Package and still have this issue - just want to verify which release you are referring.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@nathantrauscht

Issue is addressed is all supported versions. Take latest package from respective branch of GitHub repository. For 2023R2, it is https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-LotSerialNbrAttribute-2023R1-ONWARD/tree/2023R2

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Dhiren Chhapgar we have the 2023R2 package installed - was that package updated recently? I believe we downloaded the zip file in February - do we need to redownload and republish?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Reported issue was resolved in last released package on March 22 2024.

Yes, you need to redownload and republish. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Dhiren Chhapgar  we redownloaded and republished the March 22 2024 release for 2023 R2 and confirmed this did solve the GI parameters issue - thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved