Solved

Payroll: 941 Acumatica validation report

• 28 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning Acumatica users! 

Are you aware of a quarterly 941 summary produced by Acumatica? 

Here is  an email thread from our employee that processes payroll to our VAR (it’s easiest to start at the bottom - and screenshot from our VAR is attached.)..and Thanks to anyone who reads this! :)  :

They would have to combine three different reports just for the 941 returns. Seems like it should be way easier than this.

Thanks,

Candace Moore

Hi Candace,

Have you ran any of the Annual Reports or any of the “Employee” Inquiries?  The Annual Reports are grouped by the quarter, but do not show grand totals.  The Inquires are also grouped by the quarter and they also have grand totals. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you would like to setup a meeting to discuss in more detail.

Tammy,

I’m looking for what Acumatica is, I guess you’d say, telling Aatrix what should be done for taxes on the employer end.  For instance, what pulls into AP when I pull in the weekly 941 deposits.  Where is a report from Acumatica that says this is what it pulled for the quarter? If I go into Aatrix I have to login and get a code and act like I’m paying it just for a report.  We need one that shows what Acumatica says was sent to Aatrix.

Candace Moore

Accounting Dept.

Stockmeister Plaza

700 E Main Street

Jackson, Ohio 45640

Office 740.286.8000

Hi Tammy,

Can you tell me if there is a way to add employer reports?  All I am seeing are employee reports in payroll. For example….if I want to see what our 941’s were for a quarter.  I’m not seeing an option to print those. Do employer reports exist or is that something that has to be created?

Thanks,

Candace Moore

Accounting Dept.

Stockmeister Plaza

700 E Main Street

Jackson, Ohio 45640

Office 740.286.8000

icon

Best answer by mikedavidson07 28 December 2022, 18:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi hkowe86,

A simple Generic Inquiry that pulls tax detail transactions and includes the TIN for and FED/State jurisdiction information may work for you. The inquiry can be filtered on taxpayer ID or FED/State Jurisdiction column to help tie out 941 deposits etc.  Please see the attachment for the XML export which you and upload to your system. 

Sample Data:

Notes:

• If you run the GI and the Employer Govt. Tax ID is missing, you should add it in Payroll, Preferences, Tax Maintenance. Just select a line and click View Tax Detail.
  • You can also filter by Tax State or State Name.  For FED you need to set the filter to “is empty”.

To install, download the attached file and import the GI (install steps):

1. Go to Customization, Profiles, Generic Inquiry (screen ID SM208000)
  2. Click the clipboard and choose “Import from XML”
  3. Choose the file you have down loaded WACPR941Detal.xml and select upload.
  4. By default, it should be visible on the UI under the Payroll Workspace, Inquires.

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

One report that I have found very helpfull is the Taxes by Paycheck. in the case of 941 numbrers you could enter the date range you want and under the Jurisdiction level enter Federal. it will list all the checks but if you go directly to the last page of teh report it will summarize by code so that might be easier

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the clues Mike & Patricia!  I’ll give your suggestions a shot when our payroll person is back in the office next week!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved