Solved

How do I retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API

I can hit the REST API and retrieve a list of Employee Classes, but I cannot use the ID retrieved to then retrieve any additional data.

The particular Screen ID is as follows

ScreenId=EP202000

Can anyone give me any recommendations?

icon

Best answer by jinin 14 November 2023, 17:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mattollie ,

You can create a Generic Inquiry (GI) with the desired attributes and then establish an endpoint for the GI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mattollie ,

I’ve attached a package with the GI and endpoint. Please publish the package and review the endpoint through Postman.

Url:  /entity/EPEmployeeClass/22.200.001/EmployeeClass?$expand=EmployeeClassDetails

Method: PUT

Request:

{

"EmployeeClassID": {

"value": "EMPHOURLY"

}

}

Hi Jini,

Is there an article or something on setting this up?

I have never used the Generic Inquiry form within the product so I am unsure what is required.

Generally when I want to get back data through the REST API, I hit an endpoint and it will return data.

How would the Generic Inquiry form work to then hit an API endpoint and return data?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved