Solved

How do I retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve a list of Attributes for a specific Employee Class using the REST API

I can hit the REST API and retrieve a list of Employee Classes, but I cannot use the ID retrieved to then retrieve any additional data.

The particular Screen ID is as follows

ScreenId=EP202000

Can anyone give me any recommendations?

icon

Best answer by jinin 14 November 2023, 17:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mattollie ,

You can create a Generic Inquiry (GI) with the desired attributes and then establish an endpoint for the GI.

Hi Jini,

Is there an article or something on setting this up?

I have never used the Generic Inquiry form within the product so I am unsure what is required.

Generally when I want to get back data through the REST API, I hit an endpoint and it will return data.

How would the Generic Inquiry form work to then hit an API endpoint and return data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mattollie ,

I’ve attached a package with the GI and endpoint. Please publish the package and review the endpoint through Postman.

Url:  /entity/EPEmployeeClass/22.200.001/EmployeeClass?$expand=EmployeeClassDetails

Method: PUT

Request:

{

"EmployeeClassID": {

"value": "EMPHOURLY"

}

}

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved