Solved

Can Acumatica Payroll handle leave without pay?

• 20 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can Acumatica handle tracking Leave Without Pay?  I need to track the hours but the pay is 0.00. 

I setup an Earning Type for this and added it to my paycheck test in Paychecks and Adjustments.  I was able to add the earnings detail line with hours and set the pay rate to 0.00 however, during the Calculation process, Acumatica removed the line.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by amyj03 29 July 2022, 18:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Amy,  to be clear the employee is taking an unpaid leave and you want to subtract the hours taken from a PTO Bank balance.  Is that accurate?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Michael. 

No PTO bank for this.  The client has employees that are challenged and for state reporting, they simply need to track the hours taken without pay. I need to enter the hours with zero pay and have it show on the paycheck along with the regular RG hours, but show 0.00 for the rate and also list on any Pay and Earnings reports like a normal Earning Type.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @amyj03 - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Chris… in the end, through testing, I found that Acumatica does not handle leave without pay where the rate is 0.00.  The system removes any Earning detail line that has zero as the rate during the paycheck calculation. 

I’m not sure how different threads get going because there was a thread where pbennett answered my question and I did put a like and best answer for her. 

I got around this by adding a new earning type, called it NT, Unpaid Time Off. Have been using this for many months - 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved