Solved

TestSDK timing out on a long operation (processing screen)

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m creating testing in the TestSDK and one of my operations runs over 12 to 15 minutes.  I’m getting a timeout error:

WaitTimeoutException: Timed out waiting for the WaitForLongOperationToComplete condition within the specified timeout: 360000ms

If I only run the process for a few records, it works fine so it is not a problem with the actual code in my project.  

Is there any way I can change this timeout limit or is this a “selenium” limitation?

icon

Best answer by AaronB 2 November 2023, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Joe,

You can set a custom time like this, replacing “Screen.” with your associated screen

Screen.Details.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Aaron.  

I tried this code:

MergeVendorsProcess.VendorsToMerge_grid.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
                        MergeVendorsProcess.ProcessAll();

I got the same error message.  I guess I can break the processing into smaller chunks, but that would make the validation of the processing a little dirtier.

If that is what I must do, so be it.  

Thanks for taking the time to give me assistance! 

edit:  I tried setting the timeout to every grid in the wrapper.  No luck.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I ended up breaking my processing into chunks to prevent timeouts.

I’m sure that @AaronB has the correct answer, but I was not able to get it to work.  Probably because I was doing something wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

In case anyone gets to this thread in the future, this worked.   Wait.LongTimeOut = 650000;

None of these worked.

//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForLongOperationToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () =>  Wait.LongTimeOut = 650000;
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForLongOperationToComplete(650000);

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved