Solved

TestSDK timing out on a long operation (processing screen)

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I’m creating testing in the TestSDK and one of my operations runs over 12 to 15 minutes.  I’m getting a timeout error:

WaitTimeoutException: Timed out waiting for the WaitForLongOperationToComplete condition within the specified timeout: 360000ms

If I only run the process for a few records, it works fine so it is not a problem with the actual code in my project.  

Is there any way I can change this timeout limit or is this a “selenium” limitation?

icon

Best answer by AaronB 2 November 2023, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Joe,

You can set a custom time like this, replacing “Screen.” with your associated screen

Screen.Details.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I ended up breaking my processing into chunks to prevent timeouts.

I’m sure that @AaronB has the correct answer, but I was not able to get it to work.  Probably because I was doing something wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

In case anyone gets to this thread in the future, this worked.   Wait.LongTimeOut = 650000;

None of these worked.

//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForLongOperationToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () =>  Wait.LongTimeOut = 650000;
//MergeVendorsProcess.Processing.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForLongOperationToComplete(650000);

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Aaron.  

I tried this code:

MergeVendorsProcess.VendorsToMerge_grid.WaitAction = () => Wait.WaitForCallbackToComplete(Wait.LongTimeOut * 4);
                        MergeVendorsProcess.ProcessAll();

I got the same error message.  I guess I can break the processing into smaller chunks, but that would make the validation of the processing a little dirtier.

If that is what I must do, so be it.  

Thanks for taking the time to give me assistance! 

edit:  I tried setting the timeout to every grid in the wrapper.  No luck.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved