Solved

Project Manufacturing Setup - No Transactions Generated

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to tinker in the system to get project manufacturing working as it says it should (for my knowledge and understanding) but I feel like there is something I am missing. I am using standard sales demo snapshot and 23R1. Please see the below for steps I’ve taken to attempt to get project transactions generated through a production order. I am expecting both labor and materials to come through and am currently seeing neither.

1. Create production order on project (‘Update Project’ is checked)
  2. Material and labor transactions created

3. No corresponding project transactions created

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 12 July 2023, 19:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You should be using the PJ Product Order Type for your Production Order.  The “PJ” Production Order type will assign different WIP accounts to the Production Order.  These WIP accounts are associated to Project Account Groups.

You will then see the WIP costs increase on the linked Project Balance Tab.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@angierowley75 -

Thanks for the response. I know that in the sales enablement script they are shown as ‘Material’ account group.. but it never spoke to it being an asset or expense account group. 

So for my knowledge, the system will not generate ‘expenses’ to the project using production orders, only accrued WIP expenses, until the prod order is complete, in which case it will wipe out the WIP balance. If I wanted to re-associate the cost to the project, I would have to do a project issue of that generated finished good.

Can you confirm my understanding? I just want to make sure that I have a grasp that ‘true’ expenses aren’t tracked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes.  Once the Production Order is complete, the Produced Item is an asset in inventory.  You would need to issue the Produced item to the Project in order to relieve inventory and incur the expense on the project.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved