Solved

Pre-Populate SO Line serial numbers before production

• 29 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have a customer who would like to store/pre-populate specific serial numbers in the sales order line/line details table. These items are items to be manufactured and have not had production order created or finished, so the actual serial numbers are not in stock.

Has anyone come up with a workaround to pre-populate the serial numbers (or lot numbers) in SO Line Details?

Regardless of testing all types of lot/serial classes, requiring lot/serial numbers on the order types, and changing item class to allow negative quantities, I can not get past the Inventory quantity will go negative error once I try to prepopulate a user enterable serial number in line details. I enter the serial and then when I tab off it clears the serial number and presents the error message.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 29 September 2023, 21:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @gbrazelton14 

I just had a client with the same request. There is no real out of the box solution so our team is working on a customization.

The only real solution we found was to copy and paste the lot number where we needed it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

All these years I assumed you could pre-populate, until someone actually needed it to! I will see who else may respond on here, then will mark your answer as best!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

All these years I assumed you could pre-populate, until someone actually needed it to! I will see who else may respond on here, then will mark your answer as best!

Nope, I tried several ways to do it and couldn’t 😐

You could also create an idea for it to be added to the software. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved