Solved

MRP unable to attach Blanket PO?

• 30 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi we are attempting to purchase items using MRP for which there is an existing blanket PO.  For some reason it won’t allow us to link the blanket PO to the newly created PO…..so MRP keeps showing the requirement.   Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 31 March 2022, 16:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kirbygompf32 

Can you elaborate the scenario and also provide screenshots ?

Regards,

Badge +18

Hi,

I hope one of these ideas helps you:

What is the PO Type that is being connected to the Blanket? I’ve noticed the new 2022 R1 features in PO added Drop-Ship to Project PO Type (love this!) but we can’t connect the Project Drop-Ship orders to our Blanket Orders. Only “Normal” order type can be connected to a Blanket order.

Otherwise, make sure Blanket order is Open status, is same vendor, etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Interesting, I added a new line in the PO to draw from blanket and it did impact MRP quantities.  During my other tests it didn’t appear to be but likely other production factors were impacting it.  Ok problem solved thank you for the help.  

I believe the OP was trying to Purchase against a Blanket from the MRP Display (now Inventory Planning Display) using the Purchase option. If you do this, it does not recognize that there is a blanket PO and attach it to that line. Nor does it allow you to reference the blanket PO on the line that was added. You can edit the blanket order and blanket line fields on the MRP generated PO. You have to manually add a line to the PO by using the add blanket PO line and delete the line added from MRP Display.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved