Question

MRP Requirement By Item(AM401200)

• 24 August 2023
  • 8 replies

My company is new to Acumatica, and we are having challenges with the MRP Requirements Screen.   We have over 200 FG skus to plan and we would like to see an aggregate view of Supply vs. Demand.

• If we use a Bucket ID with a calendar starting today:
    • This screen does not show past due Actual Demand (Customer orders) or Supply (Purchase orders)-then the Ending Quantity goes negative

• If we use negative periods to capture the past due Demand and Supply:
  • The screen takes the current OH as  the starting inventory(Begin Qty)  in the past, then we get a different Net Qty and En Qty

My experience with other MRP planning screens it to roll the past due open sales orders and past due purchase/production orders) into today’s bucket and calculate ending inventory from today onward.

• Past dues orders still need to be dealt with via exceptions messages.
  • Time buckets should be in Calander dates and not rolling. 

Is anyone else struggling with the functionality of this screen?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Please provide a screen shot of your planning bucket setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Did you try creating a negative Bucket record, then a zero bucket record and then your 1 bucket records?

Bucket Value Interval
-1 1 Year
0 1 Month
1 Month
1 1 Month
etc    

yes-and that will give me past due orders(demand and supply) but throws off my ending inventory:

The solution would be to roll past due demand and supply into  the current(1st time bucket) bucket.

And get we have the from and to date reflect Calander days(not rolling?)

Going back 1 year:

vs.  starting with today’s date:

Angie- I also added in the 0 bucket-

in the current bucket(bucket 1( but my beginning oh is really 6326(my current on hand)  and not 8490-the screen assume the past due orders will come in (in the past)?

Here is a follow up question:

It seems that you have a lot of products that are backordered. The normal process would be to properly update the expected ship date on the order lines. Then MRP could work to bring the requirements into the proper bucket(s).

Are you doing this?

We have some  Skus  that are backodered from the customer-that  I am not as concerned about.    But I think you are talking about incoming supply(Vendor purchase orders).   For our company we have only contract manufacturers-not in house manufacturing.  We can keep moving dates-and that is good practice however we will always have some past due.   

We have to deal with the past due as an exception-but the screen  should still show and account for that supply.  (out of sight out of mind!) 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dkiefer were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved