Solved

Manufacturing - Pre-entered serial numbers not available on MOVE

• 14 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am testing serial number behavior for Production Orders linked to Sales Order line.

If I pre-populate desired user-enterable Serial numbers on the Line Details tab of Production Order Maintenance, I am expecting that those exact serial numbers would be the choices when I do the final move transaction to put the finished goods back into inventory.

On my Move transaction, I expect to see those same 5 serial numbers that I said I was producing to be available in my final move, but they are not available:

Am I missing a configuration somewhere perhaps? I do not understand the intent of pre-populating the serial numbers on Production Order Maintenance  if they are not available for selection during the Move transaction.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 14 August 2023, 17:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@gbrazelton14 - on the Production Order - did you select “Preassign Lot/Serial”?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Debbie Baldwin  - Yes, the production order is marked for Allow preassigning Lot/Serial numbers.

Greg

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@gbrazelton14 - there is a known issue on this, please log a Support case. It should be doing what you are asking for. 

Debbie

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @Debbie Baldwin !!  I will create a case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Will this be fixed in a future release?  I have the same issue on Build 23.103.0013.  Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved