Solved

Lead Time

• 6 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

There are two sections in Acumatica I can find Lead Time information. One is under Vendors—Purchase Settings, I can update the Lead Time there. The other one is under Inventory—Stock Item—Vendors, the Lead Time I can’t modify it. Is it possible to add function of edit the Lead Time under the Stock Item so I can record Lead Time for a particular item? 

icon

Best answer by dgodsill97 7 November 2023, 18:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nasirh85 

As I mentioned below lead time is a read only field.

ead Time (days) The lead time for the selected vendor location. This read-only column displays the lead time defined for the vendor location on the Location Details tab of the Vendor Locations form

I think we need to review the code applied in vendor_ Purchase setting can be implemented same under stock item through customization.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @nasirh85 

As @manikantad18 stated that is a read only field, however with each item, you can add lead time with the Add. Lead Time column. 

Add. Lead Time (Days) The additional lead time for the selected vendor, which represents the additional time required by the vendor to produce, assemble, and dispatch the items. This value is added to the Lead Time value to calculate the resulting lead time required to deliver the purchased item from the vendor’s location to your company’s warehouse.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It’s my understanding that the lead time will look at orders placed with a given vendor for that item over the past X number of months (depending on how you have replenishment settings configured) to determine lead time based on previous purchase orders. Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm if this is true but I think that’s why you can’t edit it

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The default lead time for an item is the Vendor Lead Time from the Vendor Location > Purchase settings Plus the Add. Lead Time Days on the Inventory Item > Vendor Details.  The Add. Lead Time Days can be positive or negative.  For example, Vendor A has default lead item 14 calendar days but Item 123 is 21 days so Add. Lead Time Days  = 7; Item 235 lead time is 10 days, so Add. Lead Time Days = -3.

The Vendor Location purchase lead time defaults from the Vendor.

For both MRP and Inventory Replenishment, the lead time for replenishment is from the Default Vendor.  The Calculate Replenishment process will calculate lead times for purchase items. It will also factor into the Safety Stock calculations the variability of lead time.  When you enter a purchase order the requested date is today plus the Vendor Location lead item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dgodsill97 

Great explanation Dennis and really valuable addition to the Safety Stock workflow.  Demystifying replenishment is always challenging. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved