Solved

Dependent Forecast

• 25 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Ideally, making an MRP forecast dependent makes sales orders “chip away” at the total forecast number, right? If this is the case, let’s say this month, I have a forecast of 200 cases. I just shipped 20 cases. This should make the remaining forecast 180 cases. Why would the forecast stay at 200? I feel like I’m missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 26 June 2023, 12:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mjesse33, to expand upon what @angierowley75 has commented, you won’t see the Forecast (AM202000) show a reduction, instead, you will see the reduction on Detail Inquiry (AM404000) after running MRP. You should see a line for the forecast and observe that it shows a demand of 180.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are correct - the forecast should be consumed by Sales Orders when the dependent check-box is set.  It is date sensitive.

The promise date of the Sales Order must fall between the Begin and End date of the forecast.

If your dates look good, I would recommend reaching out to your VAR/ACU Support to research further.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved