Solved

Dependent Forecast

• 25 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Ideally, making an MRP forecast dependent makes sales orders “chip away” at the total forecast number, right? If this is the case, let’s say this month, I have a forecast of 200 cases. I just shipped 20 cases. This should make the remaining forecast 180 cases. Why would the forecast stay at 200? I feel like I’m missing something. Thanks in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 26 June 2023, 12:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are correct - the forecast should be consumed by Sales Orders when the dependent check-box is set.  It is date sensitive.

The promise date of the Sales Order must fall between the Begin and End date of the forecast.

If your dates look good, I would recommend reaching out to your VAR/ACU Support to research further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mjesse33, to expand upon what @angierowley75 has commented, you won’t see the Forecast (AM202000) show a reduction, instead, you will see the reduction on Detail Inquiry (AM404000) after running MRP. You should see a line for the forecast and observe that it shows a demand of 180.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved