Solved

Create Purchase Order for items for office use, i.e. Office Supplies

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

What is the best way to set-up and create purchase orders for non-inventory items like office supplies? 

We are a manufacturer, but these items are not stock items, nor are they raw materials.

Our process is to create a purchase order for any purchases over $500.  The PO needs to list a description of the item, price, quantity and extended price on the invoice.  A receipt is required for all items on the purchase order.

Obviously, we don’t want to set-up item IDs for all these miscellaneous and one-off purchases.

Thanks for the help.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 5 December 2023, 23:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @lmondockCAB 

You can do a Purchase Order for just office supplies and not create an inventory ID. I usually suggest setting up a generic item for those things, something like OFFICESPPLY and you can require the receipt along with changing the description on each line. 

Thank you, @kandybeatty49 .  That’s the way we have it set-up, but I wanted confirmation that this is the best way to handle it.  I appreciate the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @lmondockCAB 

That seems to be the best way I have always found.

Always happy to help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved