Solved

Business Event based on Inquiry not firing

• 27 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

I am currently working on a Business Event that creates a Transfer of Production Material when the Production Order is released. (basically imitating a Staging process that is currently not supported very well).

The Business Event is not firing with my current Setup.
Only for with Once for all Records which then doesn’t accommodate the Material Details I need for the Transfer.

Business Event:

Generic Inquiry it is based on:

I am not quite sure why it is not firing but any ideas and help would be appreciated!
The same Setup worked for me for creating automated Transfer based on a Released Purchase Receipt.

icon

Best answer by krausef77 28 February 2023, 17:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Should the event be for AMProdItem… not AMProdMatl?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Should the event be for AMProdItem… not AMProdMatl?

I tried it both ways without success.
AMProdMatl has to be in the Inquiry though to create the automated Transfer

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@krausef77  As you wanted to trigger the BE based when document is released, but for the triggering condition you have mentioned Record Inserted.. instead, have you verified with Field update when the status is changed to RELEASED?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77  As you wanted to trigger the BE based when document is released, but for the triggering condition you have mentioned Record Inserted.. instead, have you verified with Field update when the status is changed to RELEASED?

I did verify this. 
Record inserted is based on the current GI Setup which adds the records when the status changes to released.
Thanks for your input!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please try below if you haven’t so far:

In the Inquiry:

Fetch the prod order nbr from AMProdItem

In the event:

Group By = AMProdItem.ProdOrderID

Triger Condition

Record Inserted

New Field Value → AMProdItem.ProdORderID Is not Empty

Also when you are testing, you are releasing a new record, isn’t it?

I have always used group by with a Schedule (Trigger by Schedule), which has worked without no issues.

Worst case scenario, have a another inquiry with Group By, and use that with  Raise Event = Each Record.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards

Uma

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Please try below if you haven’t so far:

In the Inquiry:

Fetch the prod order nbr from AMProdItem

In the event:

Group By = AMProdItem.ProdOrderID

Triger Condition

Record Inserted

New Field Value → AMProdItem.ProdORderID Is not Empty

Also when you are testing, you are releasing a new record, isn’t it?

I have always used group by with a Schedule (Trigger by Schedule), which has worked without no issues.

Worst case scenario, have a another inquiry with Group By, and use that with  Raise Event = Each Record.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards

Uma

Thank you for your input!
I was really hopeful that one of these options would work, but the Event still isn’t triggered.

Just to clarify. The goal is to create an Inventory Transfer when a Production Order is released. The Inventory Transfer needs to contain all of the Items that are referenced on the Production Detail Tab.

So basically here is the process:

User creates Production Order. Production Order is released. System recognized new record to trigger Business Event that will create the Inventory Transfer for the required Material.

It is really frustrating to see that a Business Event is not triggering even though the Record is clearly inserted in the Inquiry and the Inquiry is based on AMProdItem.

I know it is a lot to ask but are you able to try to replicate a Business Event and confirm that it is working for you or confirm that it is not? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @krausef77 

Could you please share the Business event and Generic inquiry to review and provide suggestions?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

The trick that did it was:

Create Inquiry just based on AMProdMatl without any Joins.

Make sure ALL Key Fields (Line ID, Operation ID and Order Type) are added and not just the Order ID.

Record inserted while filtering the Inquiry on Released transactions helped.

Thank you for all your input as they were all valid questions and bits of information.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved