Solved

UDF checkbox to disable create shipment button

• 1 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi All, 

We’re 2022 R1. We have a user defined filed called AR NO SHIP that we created to note that a sales order is on pro forma/credit hold and do not ship/create shipment.

This was covered during the 2024 summit but of course I couldn’t see much of the screen and can’t find a relevant thread here -- I need to make a customization project that if a UDF check box is checked/true, the create shipment button is disabled. I didn’t get very far in the customization editor lol.

Can anyone point me to an article/acumatica university vid that details how to disable a button based on condition?

icon

Best answer by miguel80 3 February 2024, 00:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi!

Fisrt step: expand the SO301000 screen on the custommization.

Second: Go to the actions menú and see if that action has a condition. If it does, look for it and add the new condition using your custom field, if it doesnt:

Third: Create a new condition and then add it to the action.

If you need further details, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi!

Second: Go to the actions menú and see if that action has a condition. If it does, look for it and add the new condition using your custom field, if it doesnt:

Hope this helps!

Miguel, thank you sir -- this is a great start! Here’s what I did:

I expanded the SO Screen and see an action for Create Shipment (so far so good, I think).

Then I go to conditions, and I see a lot of conditions, but not one for ARNOSHIP, so I’m going to create one (I haven’t saved yet, however). I set the condition to ARNOSHIP doesnotequal TRUE (ie, it is unchecked).

Is that all I need to do, just add the ARNOSHIP condition? Or do I need to link the condition to the action?

Thanks Miguel, you were very helpful and I feel like I’m super close!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi!

Hope this helps!

Miguel, I think I may have figured it out. If I create a new ARNOSHIP condition, can I simply select it in the HIDDEN dropdown from the Create Shipment action? See screen below, but I haven’t created the ARNOSHIP condition yet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi! Great!

Yes, slect the new codition in the “Hidden” or “Disabled” combo. Just consider that if the condition is TRUE it will DISABLE or HIDE it! It’s a bit counter intuitive.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi! Great!

Yes, slect the new codition in the “Hidden” or “Disabled” combo. Just consider that if the condition is TRUE it will DISABLE or HIDE it! It’s a bit counter intuitive.

Miguel, dude… IT WORKED!!! THANKS!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved