Question

PowerBi Integration to Acumatica Dashboard

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I saw this post: 

I’ve also tried following those instructions, but right at the beginning I’m seeing a difference between the guide and the links it gives you.

The first step is to sign in, by selecting the following:

The above image no longer appears on the registration page, we now get:

The issue is that this doesn’t seem to update, the sign in button sends me to:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/developers/
which still doesn’t sign me in, so I click SIGN IN at the top and am redirected to my PowerBI portal, but the registration form still doesn’t see me signed in and is stuck on Step #1. I’m kind of dead in the water for getting a dashboard widget configured now.

Anyone have a guide for connecting these two platforms that is current? Or am I missing a step?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Michael Hansen  Please install the Power BI with Desktop application.

And, below is video, which will help you to understand that how to from Power BI tool to Acumatica.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sorry, I should have been more descript. I’m trying to get a dashboard widget up and running. I can get OData to come in just fine. I just can’t get this data to come BACK into Acumatica using the widget who is asking for the Client ID and Secret.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen, Microsoft Power BI has updated their app registration link - please use this link https://app.powerbi.com/embedsetup. You’d want to copy your client ID and secret ID (from power bi app, after you set up) and plug it into your widget on acumatica. Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Kaavya

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved