Question

Access Rights for Custom Tab Item

• 3 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am working on a customization to create a tab item on the projects page to house company-specific information. The name of the tab is the name of the company. I need to make this tab item only visible to people that are in that company in Acumatica. Our Acumatica instance is set up with 5 companies, 0 branches.

Ideally, I would love to only show the tab item when the user is in that company since some people have access to multiple companies. But so far I haven’t seen anything suggesting that is possible. 

It looks like my best bet is Access Rights By Screen. Each user has user roles based on their company as well as their job role. So my thought it to set the access rights by screen to only show the Company 1 tab item to people with the Company 1 user role. But I can’t figure out how to get the tab item to show up on the Access Rights By Screen page. Under “projects” I see all of the out-of-the-box tab items, but not the custom one that I created. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you reset the application Cache from the Apply Updates screen?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved