Solved

Why is a simple attempt to add an external reference no to an existing Sales Order via an import scenario failing?

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have set up many import scenarios before without problems.  Those have mainly been on Customer and Inventory Item records though.

I am trying to import line items into an existing sales order on SO.

This failed with an error so in narrowing down the cause I tried to do the simplest thing I could think of. Adding an external reference to the sales order.  I tested to see if I could do it manually and I can but if I try via the import scenario I get the error:

1 items have not been processed successfully. View name: Document.

The only thing in my import scenario is as below:

The order no exists and the import scenario is using the same order number.

I can’t understand why this is failing.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 April 2022, 15:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you so much! That worked.  It was the missing Order Type. I incorrectly assumed it would just get that when it looked up the SO.

Phil 

Badge +18

Hello,

I am able to populate the Ext Reference Nbr field on a Sales Order with status Open. (I have no back orders in my test system.)

1. as you mentioned, field must be available to edit on order.  I confirmed, Ext Reference number can be manually updated and saved on my order.
  2. My import is similar to yours except I included ORDER TYPE.
  3. The import successfully updated.

Please try:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved