Solved

Use import scenario to update a work center and description on BOM

• 12 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

We have a work center that is being replaced by a new one.  They are identical except for the new work center number and description.  

I need to update all BOM’s that have operations with this work center.  I have an existing import that will add a line for the new WC but am looking for a better way to possibly just replace the previous number/description with the new.  

Can someone give me a bit of guidance with the best way to approach this?  

Thank you very much.  

icon

Best answer by riglesias 12 September 2023, 17:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @scottjohnsonhere 

To update an existing line with an import scenario you can setup a custom key using the @@ notation.
Here’s a link where you can find an example on how to set it up (min 44:56): 

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

Hello @riglesias 

Thank you for your reply and it got me headed the right direction. Right now I am able to process single records with no issue but errors if multiple selected.  Any suggestions on what I may be missing?  

This is the error I receive if I try multiple records. 

Thanks!  

@scottjohnsonhere  did you ever discover an answer to importing multiple lines of updates instead of one at a time?  I am facing the same thing after adjusting my import scenario and am seeking to updated a few thousand records...preferably not 1 at a time.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved