Solved

PadLeft function not working on Import Scenario

• 30 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a simple import scenario that I am using as a test that is being used to populate customer contact records. In the import scenario I am using the =PadLeft([PostalCode],5,’0’) to pad out any of postal codes that have a leading zero so that they will pass validation. When I run the import scenario it looks like the code isn’t even running. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I am missing a small detail that is preventing the code from running. The code passes the validation test so I don’t think it is a syntax issue. I have attached the data provider, the excel spreadsheet and the import scenario. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by mtcook 30 November 2023, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I figured it out. I was under the mistaken assumption that the code would update the data in the grid once Prepare was run, and show the postal code padded out. From what I have been able to determine the Prepare grid shows just the raw data from the data provider and not with the transformation that the code would provide. When I ran the import scenario the postal codes did go into the contact screens padded out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @mtcook!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved