Question

Insert salesperson line when new location created on Customer record

• 17 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

On the Customer document, when a new location is created I’m trying to get a business event to trigger an import scenario to add the new location and automatically assign a default salesperson to that location.

I can get the import scenario to work manually, but when I add it to the business event and trigger the import scenario, the business event history shows that it successfully executed but the new location is not added to the SALESPERSONS tab.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding how to accomplish this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mikeho 

Can you help me with the screenshot ?

In which tab you want to update the sales person? if you can bring the sales person in GI then we can update the sales order .

Could you please share import scenairo file here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mikeho If you can share the import scenario you have, we could take a review and provide the solution on top of it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @manikantad18 and @ChandraM -

Attached is the XML of the import scenario. I can get this to work manually, but when I attach it to a business event and trigger the BE, nothing happens.

And @manikantad18 to answer your other question, I’m trying to update the SALESPERSONS tab on the Customer record:

I need to add the location and salesperson ID and mark it as Default.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mikeho 

I understood your requirement here,

Whenever the new location is added we need to set the New location ID with the Existing sales person.

I would like to request to get a Generic inquiry to Pull the required data first which is complex to bring the sales person Information and customer contacts in a Generic Inquiry, I will check the GI but if you have already or you can create a quick once please share with us to review and assist on Business event configuration.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 attached is a GI I created to assist in this process. I also created a UDF on the customer record that this GI references. The idea is to set the UDF as the “main” salesperson assigned to the customer account and then have the business event / import scenario add the new location to the SALESPERSONS tab with the salesperson referenced in the UDF as the default salesperson for the new location.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mikeho were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hackett - no solution found yet, still hoping @manikantad18 might be able to provide some direction.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved