Question

Import Scenario AP Reverse Application

• 7 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Need a little help here and I'm hoping someone on here has done this before. 

Business Case:  We misapplied 400+ Prepayments to 20,000+ Bills and Released them using an import scenario.  Each Prepayment has at least one and in some cases hundreds of Bills applied to them, so clicking through each Bill to reverse application is not an option.  What I need is an import scenario to Reverse Application of these prepayments to bills.  I used this posting → https://community.acumatica.com/import-and-export-scenarios-117/import-scenario-to-reverse-ar-payment-application-10371?tid=10371&fid=117 to develop an Import Scenario for the AP problem I’ve got, but it doesn’t work.

Issues Experienced:  The first Bill on each Prepayment will Reverse and Release, but then the second Bill on the Prepayment will not release and I get an "Index is out of bounds of the array" error. I can only guess that this happens because reversing the application adds a line to the Application History screen, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @cgrigg 

Please see this previous post. It does not appear that you can perform that action to reverse.

https://community.acumatica.com/financials-7/import-scenario-to-reverse-ap-bills-9355?tid=9355&fid=7

The post cited refers to reversing an AP Bill, which would of course trigger a Debit Adj.  My scenario needs to take a Prepayment and Reverse Application of the Bill amounts, not Reverse the Bill itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I don’t believe you can accomplish this with an import scenario due to the Action. 

I can get the first line to process with my scenario, but then the second line says either “Release button is disabled” or “Save button is disabled” depending on how I tweak the scenario. Here is the base scenario I’m working from.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @cgrigg were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ok, i found a workaround, I hope I can explain myself:

1. Select the bills to be reverse from the Bills and Adjuments screen . 
  2. Create an import scenario that will create the Debit Adjusment from the Bills and Adjusments screen. Something like this:
    1. Using now the Debit Transactions created, release those, and they should have the Original Reference Number as the Bill that they are proceeding, I have attached that Bills and Adjusment GI witht the original reference number that will be the bill in the case of the new Debit Adjusments. 
    2. With that new table, use it to create a checks and payments import scenario, where you can apply the bill to the debit adjusment by doing the following import: (Note, make sure to also modify the application date as desired and even to release the transaction from this import)

3. This should reverse your bills using import scenarios.

I hope I explain myself. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @martingaxiola!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved