Solved

Import order with Multiple detail lines and Put it on hold within only 1 import scenario

• 1 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We don’t want to put all Sales Order on hold by default, we only want to put the imported sales order on hold. But we meet an issue below:
         No matter where I put the “Action:PutOnhold”

When importing, starting from the second line, it pops error “the hold button is disabled”

I also tried set Hold = true,   but it does NOT work. The sales order still be open.

I have thought out a solution, 
1, Using the existed import scenario to import Sales Order
2, Using another Business event to monitor the sales order newly created, if new inserted, another import scenario will put the new imported sales order on hold.
    But can I do this in only 1 import scenario?  Can somebody give help?

icon

Best answer by JTang 2 November 2023, 10:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ray20 

Which order type you are importing orders?

If you can import orders in specific orde type, then we can put a condition to hold documents on order types.

Otherwise 

You can a Business event to run a action “ Put on Hold” whenever new order created but still we need a order type specification to run this. otherwise it will put everyorder on hold.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@manikantad18  
Thank you, I am now using Business event to put orders imported on hold. I can set the Generiy inquiry conditions like createdbyscreenID = “import by scenario screenid”, it could be fine.

BUT, do you know a way to just complete the task in 1 import scenario only?

Userlevel 3

Your import scenario should be set as parallel processing, then the order type and order number should be the identical for a multi line order. Then your put on hold action should not be committed.

This way the import scenario will reach the end and with parallel processing enabled, it won't run the actions yet until the entire order number (key* reference field) is imported, then it will process the actions. 

Here's a guide I used for a long time that helped me with import scenarios. 

https://www.eis.consulting/post/acumatica-import-and-export-scenarios-tips-and-tricks

Bonus Tip: There's an action called Transition, which enables you to use formulas to calculate an action to process. If you open the column configuration, there are also two columns that will help you identify field names, the DAC (table), and action names. For example, hold is 'PutOnHold' and that's what you can set as a value in your formula. You can also make a value as '' which will process no actions. This will be useful in the future when maybe you don't want to put all imported orders on hold, but you still want to for some. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved