Solved

CSV export generates triple set of quotation marks on field

• 29 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning all. I’ve created an export scenario that pulls data from a GI to generate a positive pay CSV file. The particular requirement right now is to encase the payee name field with a single set of quotes. I have the data provider set to not put quotes on all fields. The field for the payee is set as a string. If I use a Concat command like this: Concat(”’,[Field],’”’) it looks right on the prepare to export screen. Upon downloading the exported result, I am getting data that looks like this:

,previous field,”””PayeeName”””

Is there another way that I can add the quotes that won’t cause the export to generate three sets?

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 30 January 2024, 14:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The key is you want Double Quotes set to True on the Data Provider so it keeps the quotes.  It won’t put quotes on the other fields.   

It’s to allow special characters in CSVs.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@bryanb39 actually I tried setting that feature on the data provider to True. Not only does it put a set of quotes on every field, even the column headers (if left enabled) comes out with quotes on them.

If I have it set to False, no quotes are added to headers or data. The Concat command appears to show the single quotes I’m looking for. Upon running the export and retrieving the file however, the payee field is coming up like this:

"""ABC Solutions"""

Something in the translation is causing additional quotation mark sets to be tacked onto that field.

=Concat('"',[Results.APContact_fullName],'"') is the formula I have set in the export scenario, coming from a GI. I have also tried putting that logic into the GI first but end up with the same result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It'll add quotes to all of them, but when it's imported into the next system they outer quotes should removed automatically.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ll reach out to the client and bank contact to confirm. Thanks @bryanb39 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved