Solved

Vendor consignment

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi! Has anyone implemented vendor consignment before? I’m trying to setup a vendor consignment warehouse at $0 because we don’t want there to be a financial impact until the inventory is used. I’ve looked at Doug’s article below but was wondering whether this can be done without having to setup a different branch/company. Any ideas?

https://www.acumatica.com/blog/how-to-implement-consigned-inventory-part-2/

icon

Best answer by estebanperalta54 1 May 2023, 19:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @estebanperalta54 

See if this will do what you are looking to do. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks @gary92 I’ll take a look at this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ultimately what we landed on with the client is we use blanket POs at the beginning of the year. When vendor sends in parts, a non-PO receipt is created at $0 ext. cost. Later, when parts are used, a PO-Purchase Receipt is created and released so the GL is posted. We also have business event automation to do an auto issue with the purchase receipt is released. This helps us so we don’t have to create a separate branch/company, ledger, and intercompany transactions.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved