Solved

Unable to Void Pending Processing Payments - Payment Locked for Editing

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

I am getting this error when attempting to void a payment that is stuck in Pending Processing status: 

I have a list of about 20 payments that are stuck in this status, and a majority of them never actually made it to the external processing center, Authorize. They don’t appear in their records. 

Since they are stuck in that status and never actually charged the card, I want to void them. However, I get that message that they are locked for editing. I cannot delete or void the payment. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 10 April 2023, 17:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @bclark 

have you be able to unlock the payment by going to the payment clicking action → validate card?  what happens after you’ve unlocked the payment? are you still getting the error?

please let us know the results

Userlevel 4
Badge

@iqraharrison48 

When I clicked on the Validate Card Payment button, it gives another warning message saying: 

“This card is already being processed. Continuing may cause a duplicate charge.” 

It gives me the option to click OK, but I just clicked Cancel because I was unsure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @iqraharrison48 

As a workaround 

If the Payment got stuck in Payment Pending Processing, please follow the suggestions below. You can go to Account Receivable Preferences and Uncheck Enable Integrated CC Processing,

Allowing you to have the Release button on Document with Integrated CC as Payment Method without processing the Credit Card First.

Ensure you check the feature back on as soon as you finish this Voided Payment. This can interrupt other documents with Integrated Card and cause missing Payments to be captured.

In Some case if does not work we need to approach Acumatica support to run a script on these issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@manikantad18 

Thanks for the tip! I’ve seen this before, and yes it’s really important to reenable the CC processing. For some reason, I would click void after disabling CC processing… but the voided payment would not save. 

So it was as if I did nothing. 

@iqraharrison48 I did end up trying to Validate Card payment, and it came back with the message: Did not exist. Which makes sense sense since it didn’t ever make it to Authorize. Then, I was able to void the payment!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bclark awesome! happy to help

@manikantad18 thanks for the additional information! that was very helpfu!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved