Solved

Tax ID Issue on Invoice Screen

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone, 

I’m coming up short despite setting up tax categories, IDs, and zones. We have a customer that’s loading historical data with line items on invoices and they want to bring in tax line items but this error keeps coming up. Am I missing something?

“The CA tax cannot be applied to the document because there are no document lines whose tax category contains the CA tax.”

icon

Best answer by gusl 13 July 2023, 21:05

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

What is the Tax Category on the detail lines of your invoice?

The category will be TAX or TAXABLE, for taxable invoice lines. The category defaults from the Stock or non-stock Items on the invoice lines but can be over-written during your import.

Another option/work-around is to just add a non-stock ‘TAX’ line to each invoice to represent tax for migrated invoices.  If you use a non-stock ‘TAX’ item to represent tax, you won’t be able to use Acumatica Sales Tax module to report tax on this group of migrated invoices.  This option only works if the tax for this group of invoices can be reported from the prior system.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 The Tax Category on the detail lines are TAXABLE. I have been able to add a MANUALTAX  ID in the past and manually enter an amount manually. Is that not possible anymore? That’s where I’m at a loss. Otherwise, I think the detail line will work. Thank you so much for responding, that was very helpful!

Badge +18

What Tax ID’s are connected to the Taxable Tax Category?

In my experience, we can add/adjust tax amounts on the Tax tab, for tax id’s that are connected to a Category that is connected to a Detail line item.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone! I was able to add a Manual Tax Zone - where I can manually add a tax amount on the taxes tab - that’s linked to an imported tax zone. It was definitely helpful brainstorming it out here though as it helped me link the category, zone, and tax ID in one swoop. 

My steps to do so were the following:

1. Create a Tax ID with Misc Tax Start Dates on the schedules tab with 0 tax rate, 0 min taxable amount and max taxable amount. Link to input and output groups. Link to the taxable Category. 
  2. Create a Tax Zone and link the Tax ID created above on the Applicable Taxes tab. The Tax Zone is based on any of your linked countries, could be all of them as needed. 
  3. Link Tax Zone to the Financials Tab of the invoice to the Customer Tax Zone under the Tax Info category. 

Note that this is for manual imports (uploading from import scenarios and data migration tools) for historical data. This can also work for manually inputting taxes that have already been calculated outside of Acumatica and not using a tax provider. @Laura02 Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @gusl!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved