Solved

Stop previous day changes

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I am looking for suggestions on how to prevent previous day postings.  I do daily reconciliations of sales and COGS accounts.  Everyday I am having to go back and do each day because there are changes and my numbers are no longer balanced.  This has become very cumbersome to manage.  Is there a setup that we are missing to stop the constant changes?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 May 2023, 12:03

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Sometimes transactions take a few days to work their way through the system. Documents dated today could take a few days for approval, shipment, receipts, signatures, packaging, release and post. Humans may be out for a day or may have more work than they can finish in one day.

To compensate, Accounting has a monthly cycle.

I think, reconciling COGS less frequently, after a month is closed, or on a weekend -  is one solution to consider, to ease your frustration. 

Laura

Badge +18

One more idea: COGS may still be reconciled daily, but with a delay of one week.  For example, on May 19, Reconcile May 12 COGS.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved