Solved

reconciling bank accounts daily

• 22 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I would like to reconcile my bank account daily? What are the downsides? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 24 April 2023, 12:37

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I think the only downside to reconciling bank accounts daily, is having to reconcile bank accounts daily. 😉

The reconciliation process is exactly the same whether monthly or weekly or daily, frequency being the only variable in your question.  Understandably, the volume of transactions to reconcile decreases as reconciliation frequency increases.

Please provide more details about your situation, and maybe the Community will offer more detailed opinions.  Thank you, and good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @manlight 

As @Laura02 stated, there is not much difference to reconciling daily as there is to monthly or weekly. It would be more efficient. It also depends on the number of transactions you have. If you have many transactions daily, then it would make sense. I have seen accountants do it daily due to high volume. 

If you have only a few, it may not be as time efficient. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved