Solved

Putting Expense Claims on Hold

• 21 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

For our company, we have two employees with the same roles in Acumatica that need to be able to edit expense claims before they get approved. To do this, they put them on hold first, which I believe to be the correct process. 

However, one of the employees has the on Hold button available while the other does not. 

Does anyone know where/how to set up the users to have the same options available for expense claims? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 22 March 2023, 03:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @bclark without diving too deep into access rights yet, can you verify both users have the same exact roles:

Userlevel 4
Badge

@estebanperalta54 

Thank you for the quick response. 

So the user that cannot see the Hold option has all the roles of the other employee, plus additional ones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @bclark 

Check the Computed Rights on each users Roles:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @kandybeatty49 

I checked in on those access rights, and the user who cannot put Claims on Hold does have Delete access. 

I’m wondering from my first image I shared, that the First User actually has the Hold Button available from the main screen, and the second user has the Hold button in the Other Options area, but it’s greyed out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bclark does the first user have the hold button favorited (the star to the left of the option)

Userlevel 4
Badge

@iqraharrison48 

As of right now, they both have the hold button favorited. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks @kandybeatty49 

I checked in on those access rights, and the user who cannot put Claims on Hold does have Delete access. 

I’m wondering from my first image I shared, that the First User actually has the Hold Button available from the main screen, and the second user has the Hold button in the Other Options area, but it’s greyed out. 

Hi @bclark 

What are the computed rights for that user? There may be a role that is overriding that delete right. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bclark 

I have noticed that the Expense claims has ‘claimed by’ employee ‘3012’. I am not sure if one of the Employee who is trying to ‘Hold’ the document is Employee 3012. You may confirm.

For Expense claims and Timecards, above access rights, the Employee’s position in company tree and also if employee has been delegated with permission to submit/edit Time card and Expense claim for an employee matters. Refer to the following post which points to above settings. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @vkumar 

Neither employee was the one that is the “Claimed by” Employee. 

I checked the Delegates for the employee who did submit the claim, and that seemed to be the missing link. I added the new employee to their delegates and now the hold button appears. 

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved