Question

Project Name in Financial Report Title

• 14 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am using the financial report writer to build a project P&L for my client. I am having trouble getting the project name to appear in the title since there does not seem to be a parameter available.

In my column set, I have added:

=@StartProject + ' - ' + THIS IS WHERE I WANT THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The project code is an auto-numbered ID and without the name makes it difficult to identify the reports.

Thank you in advance.

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello @frankfiorentino81 ,

I agree, there is no way to include the Project description in a financial report header at this time.  Please consider adding the idea on this forum: https://community.acumatica.com/topic/new?type=idea

You may also Consider Velixo reporting (Excell add-on).  Search this forum for more information and links to Velixo. 

Acuamtica ARM reports meet the needs of about 90% of our clients, and for the rest we recommend Velixo.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@frankfiorentino81 I looked at an existing report in the sales demo where i knew the project ID parameter existed and this is what it says:

=Report.GetFieldSchema('PMReportMetadata.ProjectID')

can you use this on the parameters screen within report designer and see if it works? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

No solution in ARM reports. I came up with a manual project naming workaround for the client.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work in the financial report writer. I tried to add it to my column set where the report title is configured, and it errored out.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @frankfiorentino81 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@frankfiorentino81 can you share the error you received when trying to add the parameter? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved