Solved

Migrating Vendor Prepayments and Applying to Purchase Orders

• 13 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to use migration mode to import vendor prepayments that need to be applied to an open purchase order.  Migration mode does not allow application to a purchase order, and when I release the prepayment it closes the prepayment document.  How can I bring in prepayments made in a legacy system and apply them to purchase orders that will be billed out of Acumatica?

icon

Best answer by marina25 25 April 2023, 01:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kristybrooks83,

Did you find a solution for this situation?  We’re looking for a way to handle migrating open vendor prepayments as well.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unfortunately not.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @kristybrooks83 

This seems to be working for me:

Activate Migration Mode in Payables

Create a Prepayment document from Checks and Payments

Enter a Payment amount and an Unapplied Balance on the Prepayment doc (Unapplied Balance is what keeps the document open after release)

Release the document.

Deactivate Migration Mode

Enter Prepayment Request from Purchase Order

Apply Prepayment payment created in Migration Mode to Prepayment Request.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @kristybrooks83 ,

Luke and I co-workers and we have the same issue for one of our clients. We collaborated on resolving this and I created the attached documents with steps and what needs to occur for accounting.

It is a bit complicated and cumbersome, but it is an option. We tried utilizing GL Journal Vouchers and that did not work. The issue is the prepayment document type cannot be created in migration mode and we need the prepayment document type in order to create the payment to the vendor. See the attached file and let us know if that worked for you.

Regards,

Marina

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you!  I will read this over and do some testing.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lukef55 @marina25 @kristybrooks83 

Hey All, did you all create the prepayment request from the purchase order screen manually? I was hoping to accomplish this through an import scenario since the client has 376 prepayments that need to be brought in and applied against a PO. Thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@etrojan28 this was done manually.  I have not been able to figure out a way to create a Purchase Order prepayment with an import scenario.  Would love to know if someone else has a method.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved