Solved

How to pull the take from profit and loss report EBIDTA into Dashboard

• 9 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi, all.

I need to take the amount for EBIDTA from profit and loss report into the Dashboard (generic inquiry). Can anyone have idea how and where to take the data into the dashboard?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 27 December 2022, 05:32

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello @angeline ,

The short answer is we can’t easily link financial report lines to a dashboard.

The long answer containing many ideas of work-arounds, can be found in this previous post:

More ideas:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@angeline @laura01

Your best bet is to create a GI on “PX.Objects.GL.GLHistory” with Inner Join to

Ledger (GLHistory.LedgerID = Ledger.LedgerID) to filter your Actual Ledger in the GI 

Branch (GLHistory.BranchID = Branch.BranchID) to filter the branch you want to report on it

Account (GLHistory.AccountID = Account.AccountID) to filter the Range of GL or Account Type you want in your report (Revenue and Cost really)

Subaccount (GLHistory.SubID = Sub.SubID) if applicable or ignore if you do not care about SA

and you will filter the GLHistory by FinPeriodID = [YourPeriodParameter]. 

in GroupBy you can use BranchID from GLHistory to have just one line for your desired Branch or go by ledger if you want for all branches.

This table has all the data you need for your inquiry. 

For the start, you can run a simple export with the above links and review your data and then perform GroupBy and use the one-line output as your EBITDA.

“GLHistory.CuryFinYtdBalance” is the field you need its total.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@angeline @laura01 

I was curious to see how it works so did a little test and here I have attached a sample but possibly you will need to play with that a little bit depending on your chart of account and specific needs. for me, the 9XXX accounts are Tax Accounts. You can exclude Interest and Deprecation and Tax based on your CoA.  It worked for me

thank you all for your valuable information

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@angeline 

Can you please advise if the above solution worked for you and if yes kindly flag the correct answer to close the case and make it a reference for others in case they come across the same issue?

Hi, @aaghaei 

I am working for it but seem not working need further study but i do have done my version and shared it to you. Not sure you can help me on this.

Just wondering for acumatica dashboard if we need to slice and dice the data it is preferable to use BI tools?

Because I saw their BI tools from the acumatica database and then pull out the profit before tax and profit after tax and EBIDTA .

I understand we can always get from the p&l for this information but not to top management they need see one lump amount only eg: EBIDTA.

Because we also need to get the data from cash balance, retained profit. I was manage to pull the data but our boss need is the one lump sum which i not manage to do it. Below is my sample - GL-IncomeExpensesCurrentYearByCompany (retain profit), cash balance.

Probably someone can help me on this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@angeline 

Im not sure what do you mean by BI pulls the data but I can bet on one thing. No matter what visualization tools you use, all require lots of work behind the scene.

hi, @aaghaei .

The meaning pull out the data is referring to able display the data in total amount to show in dashboard.

But anyway if there require lots of work then you may close the ticket.

Appreciate for the helpful alternative solutions provided above and we may use your sample as our guideline.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@angeline 

Most of the people here are not Acumatica’s employees including myself. Only Those who create the case or @Chris Hackett can close the case by flagging the most helpful answer as “Best Answer”. Another purpose of the best answer is to help new members benefit from the communications with minimum wasted time. 

Generally speaking, if you can’t get the answer here and need more in-depth support you can 

• Create a ticket on your Acumatica Support Portal or ask your implementation team if you are in the implementation phase (the cheapest or perhaps free)
  • Have your support partner look into it (the most expensive in my experience as typically charge around $200-$250 / hour)
  • Reach out to people in the community who have time and expertise in that area  (cost will be in between the above two)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved