Solved

Customer journal from one customer in branch A to a customer in branch B

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good day.

Is it possible to do customer journal from one customer in branch A to a customer in branch B like we do with journal transactions? So far all i can see is that you will have to do 2 separate transactions.

I have tried to document the issue in the attached file, hope it’s clear.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 26 April 2024, 21:46

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Can you use AR Payments & Applications screen in Receivables to apply two equal and opposite documents from different branches, like this example from Sales Demo?

Customer ABC has open Credit and Invoice from different branches
Apply open Credit to open Invoice

Resulting GL Journal Transaction from the Payment Application:

Acumatica posts inter-branch Due To/From accounting entries.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for your response, however what I am asking is a case of Debiting customer ABC Studios in branch PRODRETAIL and Crediting a customer ABC Venture in branch PRODWHOLE. I know with general ledger accounts you can do it, but is there a way of doing the same with customers?

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think there is any way in Acumatica to have one document/one entry that credits one customer and debits another. In Journal Vouchers screen, we can add Debit/Credit account to one line… but only one customer per line. I think you will need two lines, as you guessed, to adjust two customers.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved