Solved

Creating Invoice Type

• 22 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good day.

I understand you can create order types. Is it possible to create invoice types in addition to Invoice, Credit Memo etc.

Many thanks,

EM.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 22 March 2023, 06:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Short answer. No you can not. Acumatica has many business logics behind the scene on AP DocTypes. Unless you want to undertake a huge customization and ready for constant maintenance stay far from it.

Alternatively you can add a custom drop-down field to AP Bills if you need for reporting purpose or some control logics

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much for the swift response - much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @emelda71 

Are you referring to AP side or AR side. On AR side, SO module does have an ‘Invoice’ order type (IN). If you want to have custom ‘Invoice’ type on SO module, you can set them and use the automation behavior as ‘Invoice’. Refer to the order type I am referring to :

You may elaborate the larger scope / business process requirement and we can suggest an alternate option accordingly. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@vkumar the question is very clear and is addressing AP DocType. Do you recommend adding types to AP DocTypes (INV, ADR, ACR, …)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @emelda71 

Are you referring to AP side or AR side. On AR side, SO module does have an ‘Invoice’ order type (IN). If you want to have custom ‘Invoice’ type on SO module, you can set them and use the automation behavior as ‘Invoice’. Refer to the order type I am referring to :

You may elaborate the larger scope / business process requirement and we can suggest an alternate option accordingly. 

Regards,

I am referring to the doc type :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @emelda71 

Noted, :)

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved