Solved

Cost Budget tab in project - actual hours and amount not updating properly

• 20 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Team,

Recently, I tried to bill a customer invoice for the time card hours spent by the employees who are working on the specific project. Once the employees released the time card after approval, I could able to see the activities in the “activities” tab in the project but in the “cost budget” tab i couldn’t able to see the actual hours and amount. As per the help document, it shows once the time card gets released, the actual hours and amount will be updated. 

If I click on “Run project billing”, I could able to see the proforma invoice creation. My concern here is about the “cost budget” tab. And also in the “Balances” tab, the project labor balances are not getting updated. After the invoice is released, I could able to see the details in the “Revenue Budget” tab but no balances gets updated in the “Cost Budget”.

Is anything missing in the settings? Awaiting for your support on this.

Thanks,

Nithya

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 20 July 2022, 21:24

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

Where have you entered the cost per hour for the employee who has entered her time?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Laura,

We have maintained the cost rate for the employees under “Labor Rates” form.

Badge +18

Hi,

When you click on View Transactions from the Cost Budget tab, do you see transactions with $0 cost, or do you see no transactions?

Badge +18

One more thing to check - Assuming that you do see the transactions in View Transactions with $0 cost (this indicates time was released successfully but cost not picked up) Look at the labor non-stock item connected in Employees screen to the employee who entered the timecard. Make sure the Expense account on the GL Accounts tab is an account that is in the LABOR expense group on the chart of accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@nithyashankar71  Make sure the UOM on the budget is the same as on the transactions.  If it is not, you will need to make a Unit of Measure Conversion so the system knows how to update the amounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nithyashankar71 - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved