Solved

Combining Vendor Payments

• 13 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I pay vendors by Job, I go to ‘Prepare Payments’, select the job and pay vendors from there, then I ‘Process’ once to compile them in the ‘Process Payments/Print Cheques screen.  So I do this for multiple jobs.  I do this so I only have to print cheques once, instead of going to the printer 5+ times.  But what this causes is, if I pay the same vendor in multiple jobs, it puts those cheques separately and does not combine them.  So if I Pay that vendor over 2+ jobs, that vendor gets 2+ cheques. 

Is there a way to combine those into one cheque from that screen, or is there another way I can achieve the same outcome but where the cheques are combined?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 February 2023, 12:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Techtehtech 

A few things to check here:

1. On your vendors, under Payment, do you have Pay Separately checked? 
  1. When you are preparing the payments, is the pay separately box marked for any of the vendors?

1. If neither of those are checked, you should be able to pay multiple bills with one check to a vendor

Also, which version of Acumatica are you on?

Userlevel 1

@kandybeatty49 

I have none of those boxes checked.

I am on version Build 21.208.0032?  I don't know where to find that information.

I am able to pay several invoices on one cheque, within one job.  Not across multiple jobs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Techtehtech 

Can you maybe share screenshots of the steps you are taking, of course hiding any vendor info or your business sensitive info. 

Badge +18

Hello,

Multiple checks are caused by preparing different cheques multiple times, then later Printing the multiple prepared checks as a group.  Once multiple cheques are Prepared, there is no checkbox that will allow the Print Cheques screen to combine multiple prepared cheques into one printed cheque.

In order to pay the vendor for multiple projects with only one cheque without customization, select by vendor instead of by project and the cheques will be combined with the checkboxes mentioned by @kandybeatty49

Otherwise, consider a customization to the Print Cheques screen to allow further combination of multiple documents into one.

I looked for ideas and didn’t find this specifically listed in the Ideas section; maybe consider adding it. (There are about 300 ideas related to cheques, so it’s possible I missed it.)

Are you already using AP Bill approval workflow?  If not, perhaps Approving the Bills by project could remove the need to prepare payment by project? 

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved