Solved

Change Description on Cash Tranaction

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Can I change a description on a transaction that has already been posted in the bottom part, I know I can change it at the top. 

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 24 July 2023, 21:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @lsandecki 

Since the transaction is released, you can not make changes to it. If it was not released, you can change the description. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @lsandecki 

Once you release the document,you are not allowed to edit the description or any other fields. Before releasing the document (on hold or in balance status), you can edit the description.

Thank you

Badge +18

Hello,

If we Reclassify Transactions, such as to move a transaction from one account or subaccount to another, we can change the Description at the same time. I think, for one transaction it’s not worth the extra work or entries. 

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thank you everyone for your help, I figured that was the case but was hoping there was another solution.  Thanks again for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

If we Reclassify Transactions, such as to move a transaction from one account or subaccount to another, we can change the Description at the same time. I think, for one transaction it’s not worth the extra work or entries. 

Laura

@Laura02  Agreed, sometimes, it’s not worth the extra work and effort! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved