Question

ARM row percentages are wrong when column set rounds to Thousands

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to report a gross margin percentage on a report while using the column set Rounding to Thousands.  To illustrate, I have the following rows.

No Rounding:

100  Sales   10,000

120  Gross Margin  5,400

125  Gross Margin %  (@120/@100) = 54%  format #,##0%  

When rounding to Thousands is not used the calculation is fine.

With Rounding to Thousands:

125 Gross Margin %  (@120/@100) = 0%  it appears to divide the .54 result by 1000

Changing formula to multiply by 1000:

125 Gross Margin %  (@120*1000)/@100 = 50%  it appears to round the 540 result to the nearest  thousandth .5.  Note that if I multiply by 10,000, the result is 540%.

If anyone has experienced this problem and can provide a solution, I would appreciate it.

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Does it make any difference if you change the Cell Evaluation Order ?

I don’t have a good testing environment for this question -  currently it’s an idea for you to try, not a confirmed solution.

Ever find a solution to this?

Userlevel 1

Bumping this. I have this issue as well. I would like to avoid having to format all the rows manually.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved