Solved

void and reinvoice service order through appointment blling

• 9 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I know I’m missing a step, but I can’t remember what it is. If I go to Receivables > Invoices & Memos > then Reverse/Apply to Memo to void an invoice, the service order appointments do not reappear in Run Appointment Billing. What step am I missing? Essentially, the process is that an invoice was created and released, but it needed to be voided and reinvoiced because it was inaccurate. Applying the credit memo through reverse/apply to memo successfully voids it, but how do the service order appointments return to a billable state? 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 10 November 2020, 19:22

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sean,

I am not sure  in which Acumatica version you’re working,  but this knowledge base article might be useful for you, especially  if you use early versions of Acumatica.

https://community.acumatica.com/service-management-129/how-to-recreate-an-invoice-for-a-service-order-if-the-invoice-has-been-deleted-in-acumatica-erp-versions-prior-to-2019-r1-216

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’re on 2020 R2. Looks like the KB article doesn’t apply in this case. In this scenario, because the invoice was released, it can’t be deleted (so it appears). So to void entirely, we reverse/apply to memo. I thought that if you do reverse/apply to memo, the service order and/or appointments can be reprocessed through either Run Appt Billing or Run Service Order Billing (depending on the circumstances), but that’s where I’m stuck. In this case the appointments aren’t showing back up in Run Appt Billing for processing, so either it doesn’t function that way or I’m missing something. I feel like they were supposed to show up for processing again after voiding, but I can’t remember… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @sean21 as indicated by Olesia, the only way to do corrections out of the box is by deleting the generated invoice. If the invoice is already release, there is a customization that will allow to do the correction after the invoice has been reversed

• If using Stock Items, You will need to reverse the entire SO Invoice, you will do this by manually creating an SO Credit Memo on the (SO303000) and manually entering the lines using the Add SO Line action
  • Release the SO Credit Memo, this will return all of the materials back to inventory
  • If not using stock items, you can use the Reverse and Apply to Memo action on the Invoices and Memos form
  • Now you can go back to the service order or appointment and use the action of Unlink Bill (customization) and Reopen Service Order/Reopen Appointment
  • The customization does not reallocation the serialized stock items, so for every serialized stock item you will need to cancel the line or delete the line and add it again and select serial number again
  • At this point you can modify the quantity, and bill again

Please create a Case so that the customization can be shared with you and the conditions
As part of the product, the solution is planned to tentatively be added to the product on 2021R1

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Anacarina Calvo and @Olesia Alpeeva Thank you for your help as always! I’ll check out that customization!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Please create a Case so that the customization can be shared with you and the conditions
As part of the product, the solution is planned to tentatively be added to the product on 2021R1

Hi @Anacarina Calvo! My client is on 21 R1 and has an invoice on an appointment that has been deleted. The appointment is still in billed status, and they need to rebill. Did this functionality make it in 21 R1 or do I need to reach out to Acumatica support for assistance? Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @hayleehicks18 Starting on 2021R1, the customization mentioned on my previous comment is no longer needed. The system now offers the following options to do corrections:

• If the invoice (Sales Order, SO Invoice or AR Invoice) is created and is not released, then delete the invoice document.
  • If the system generates a Sales Order or an SO Invoice, and the SO Invoice is released, then create a Credit Memo on the SO Invoices form, add the lines using the Add Return Line action and release the document.
  • If the system generates an AR Invoice and the document is released, then on the AR Invoice form create a Credit Memo using the action of Reverse and Apply to Memo and release the document

If after doing any of the above corrections, the Service Order/Appointment still indicates that the document is Billed, then please create a Case.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Anacarina Calvo! Thanks for the quick response. If the user deleted the SO invoice, how do they rebill the appointment?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@hayleehicks18 

• If billing from Appointment, then the Appointment form should automatically detect that the invoice was deleted and the status should have changed from Billed to Closed. Use the Unclose action to change the status to Completed, do the necessary changes, Close the Appointment and Run Billing again.
  • If billing from Service Order, then on the Service Order form, on the Billing Documents tab, the Billed checkbox should be set to false automatically. Use the action of Unclose, do the necessary changes and you will be able to Close or use action of Allow Billing to then Run Billing again.

In addition, on the Billing Documents tab, you should be able to see the history of the corrections done to the document.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hayleehicks18 Starting on 2021R1, the customization mentioned on my previous comment is no longer needed. The system now offers the following options to do corrections:

• If the invoice (Sales Order, SO Invoice or AR Invoice) is created and is not released, then delete the invoice document.
  • If the system generates a Sales Order or an SO Invoice, and the SO Invoice is released, then create a Credit Memo on the SO Invoices form, add the lines using the Add Return Line action and release the document.
  • If the system generates an AR Invoice and the document is released, then on the AR Invoice form create a Credit Memo using the action of Reverse and Apply to Memo and release the document

If after doing any of the above corrections, the Service Order/Appointment still indicates that the document is Billed, then please create a Case.

Hi @Anacarina Calvo 

I wonder if you can help us - we have a service order that is billed on a released invoice.  We need to credit it, so the route we need to take is to create a credit memo on the SO Invoices form and use Add Return Line - however Add Return Line is blanked out after we create the credit memo (Same customer etc).  Taking the document off hold doesn’t help either.  What do we need to do to get Add Return Line enabled again?  This actually worked for us a few weeks ago, so I’m surprised we aren’t able to use it today.  We are on Acumatica 2021 R2.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarciaW 
I would recommend creating a case so that support can take a look at the environment and investigate why the lines are not shown on the Add Return Line dialog box. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved