Import Scenario: Service Contracts with Services Per Period and Activate

• 17 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

WARNING: Skip this paragraph if you are just looking for a quick solution. :)
Hello Folks,
I have been meticulously working on import scenarios re: Service Management and haven’t seen a lot of folks just sharing what they’ve got in terms of solutions and mapping and exported Import Scenarios and stuff.   I know the info is out there -- I mean people must be importing data for their clients and standing up Acumatica for them,  It’s almost like we see these things as our own personal artwork that we will show a glimpse of to folks, but will not outright share how we did it.   In my 28 years of IT work I have encountered this over and again.  It’s like if you share how you did it with others, you suddenly lose value as a professional.   The presumption here is that you only have a few secrets and if you give them all away, you will not be marketable.   I have always come against this norm by sharing everything I know with people and not holding back the solutions I have come up with.  It sounds reckless, I know, but I have found that people tend to share their secrets when you share yours and you end up with more solutions overall and with a few grateful friends in the long run.  So, with this in mind, I am going to just start sharing what I know here.   I hope that people will take what I share and use it to suit their needs, while also critiquing what I am doing to help me improve my skills.  I know that I am frequently recreating the wheel here, and I hope some of my posts help you to not have to. 

Importing Service Contracts
So, here is my import scenario for Service Contracts.  Maybe you folks have a better solution?  If so please share.

Service Contracts Import Scenario

I know, it is massive.  The scenario works to import Service Contracts, add “Services Per Period”, and Activate the contract.  I had to disable “Duration Type” under “Summary.Location>Contract Settings to get it to finish, not sure why as I have not fully explored it.  I have attached both the scenario .xml and the data sheet I used.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this tip with the community @jaymarzian!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved