Solved

Adding a Purchase Order to a Service Order

• 17 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good morning,

Testing Service Orders, I’ve created Purchase Orders from both the Service Order and the Appointment.

Is the information for the POs supposed to automatically fill from the Appointment/Service Order?  It doesn’t now, I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 17 August 2022, 18:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @bhyland 
What information are you looking to be copied from the Service Order/Appointment to the PO?
Fields that are copied are Unit Cost, Vendor, Vendor Locations, Attachments and Notes

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @bhyland  

Are you referring to items being copied to the Purchase Order? I have found that if you do not have a vendor assigned to an item, it will not create the PO. 

I did test this locally and found that with an item that has a Default Vendor, it will create the PO.  Also, ensure that the Mark for PO box is checked. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, mark for PO box is checked.  Unfortunately, we have multiple vendors for many tems.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

In the Purchase Order, when I click on “Process”, the cursor moves to the date. 

When I click on “Process All”, the PO is processed.

What could be causing that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@bhyland if the item does not have a default Vendor or if the Vendor is not set on the Service Order/Appointment, you will need to set the Vendor on the Create Purchase Orders screen. 
When you indicate that the cursor moves to the date, are the Vendor and Vendor Location fields set? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved