Solved

What is the difference between business account, vendor, customer, etc?

• 3 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

When I check under “Business Accounts”, I have entities that were set up as Vendors that also show having a business account now that I sales team has entered into the mix, thus creating duplicates in that instance.  Is this an issue or how should these be set up?

icon

Best answer by Omar Ghazi 5 April 2023, 17:53

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @tfarwell11 ,

I think it’s not an issue to see a Business account also listed as a vendor. If you have trouble with duplicates, such as in a custom generic inquiry, the inquiry can be improved with a filter, to eliminate the duplicates.

Vendors, Customers, Employees, Contacts, etc. are all different types of  “Business accounts”.  All Business Accounts share the same segmentation, by default. 

There is lots of good information in Acumatica Help… found by using Global Search on “BIZACCT”:

A Customer is a Business Partner to which goods and services are sold and/or delivered.

A Vendor (or Supplier) is a Business Partner which delivers and sells goods and services to your organization. A Business Partner can be a Vendor and a Customer at the same time

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @marcovalrie, understood.  We have instances in which a vendor is also a customer of ours.  Trying to make sure we have them appropriately tied together. Example, an electrician we use to hook up a generator, also is a customer that has/will purchase a generator from us.  Make sense? 

Userlevel 6
Badge

@tfarwell11 In Acumatica terminology, a Business account can be extended as a customer, vendor, or both. Initially, you are creating a business account. I will use some demo data on my instance to demonstrate. 

Under Business Accounts, I see N R Westport LLC is classified as Type: Customer. 

Once I click into that Business Account, on the top action menu, you will see View Customer button. If I click on that, it will take me to the associated Customer record for that Business Account. 

Now, back on the Business Account, Acumatica allows you to extend the account as a Vendor

When you select that option, Acumatica creates a Vendor record based on that Business Account

Now, if you go back to the Business Accounts screen, you will be able to verify that N R Westport LLC is now classified as Type: Customer & Vendor. Once you click into it, you will also see this information under the CRM Info tab

I hope this helps answer your question, you can learn more about extending Business Accounts in the help documentation.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Omar Ghazi this is extremely helpful!  Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved